Fear of public speaking is an issue which catches most of people cold feet. Everyone want to share their view point in clear manner but either are too hesitant due to shyness or fear to present in front of people. Here Are My 10 Tips for Public Speaking:
- Nervousness Is Normal. Practice and Prepare!
- Know Your Audience. Your Speech Is About Them, Not You.
- Organize Your Material in the Most Effective Manner to Attain Your Purpose.
- Watch for Feedback and Adapt to It.
- Let Your Personality Come Through.
- Use Humor, Tell Stories, and Use Effective Language.
- Don’t Read Unless You Have to. Work from an Outline.
- Use Your Voice and Hands Effectively. Omit Nervous Gestures.
- Grab Attention at the Beginning, and Close with a Dynamic End.
- Use Audiovisual Aids Wisely.
Practice Does Not Make Perfect
Good communication is never perfect, and nobody expects you to be perfect. However, putting in the requisite time to prepare will help you deliver a better speech. You may not be able to shake your nerves entirely, but you can learn to minimize them.